AAAAXY has integrated speedrun timing support. Your time and run category will be shown in the end credits.
Known speedruns are collected on the leaderboard.
The following run categories exist:
- Any%: every run is Any% (but Any% is not shown if 100% is met too).
- 100%: all regular checkpoints have been hit.
- All Notes: all notes have been read. Required an almost 100% run.
- All Paths: all connections between the visited checkpoints have been used by the player during the run in one or the other direction.
- All Secrets: all notes in all secret rooms have been read.
- All Flipped: all checkpoints that were seen were last seen in flipped/mirrored state.
- No Teleports: the checkpoint map was never used to teleport to a different checkpoint.
- No Escape/Backspace/Start: the game menu was never used during the run. Implies No Teleports.
- No Coil: the coil item was never collected, and thus the push ability never granted. In that case, some rooms are changed to make them beatable at all. Only possible since v1.4.
Also, All Secrets and No Escape are mutually exclusive, unless you find a glitch I do not know about yet :)
AAAAXY includes an integrated timer with the following rules:
- Game load time does not count.
- Timer starts from first action after game load.
- Timer continues ticking while in the menu.
- Split times are shown in-game in various places.
- Timing ends once input is no longer accepted at the end of the game.
- To show a permanent in-game timer, pass
-show_timeas command line argument (optional).