AAAAXY has integrated speedrun timing support. Your time and run category will be shown in the end credits.
The following run categories exist:
- Any%: every run is Any% (but Any% is not shown if 100% is met too).
- 100%: all regular checkpoints have been hit.
- All Notes: all notes have been read. Required an almost 100% run.
- All Paths: all connections between the visited checkpoints have been used by the player during the run in one or the other direction.
- All Secrets: all notes in all secret rooms have been read.
- All Flipped: all checkpoints that were seen were last seen in flipped/mirrored state.
- No Teleports: the checkpoint map was never used to teleport to a different checkpoint.
- No Escape/Backspace/Start: the game menu was never used during the run. Implies No Teleports.
Also, All Secrets and No Escape are mutually exclusive, unless you find a glitch I do not know about yet :)
AAAAXY includes an integrated timer with the following rules:
- Game load time does not count.
- Timer starts from first action after game load.
- Timer continues ticking while in the menu.
- Split times are shown in-game in various places.
- Timing ends once input is no longer accepted at the end of the game.
- To show a permanent in-game timer, pass
-show_timeas command line argument (optional).